For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2018) the Data Controller is Sarah Smith Cardiology Ltd, Ivy Court, Willington Road, Etwall, Derbyshire. DE65 6JG.
This policy sets out the way in which any data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, is processed by us.
You can contact us via the contact page on this website.
By using any of the services provided by Sarah Smith Cardiology Ltd you understand and agree that any personal information you provide will be held on a database created and operated by us and selected third parties.
We only collect data that you specifically provide to us. When you register your pet you will be asked to provide certain essential information including Title, First name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone number (mobile and landline), and if appropriate payment information.
This information helps us to
- Update your details if they change
- Make appointments
- Process the fees for any treatment
- Contact you about your pet, your account, outstanding accounts
- Maintain our clinical records
- Remind you about vaccines and parasite treatment, appointments etc.
- Report test results to you
- Respond to any issues or queries
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The only circumstance in which we will disclose your personal details to a third party are;
- Insurance Companies – for the purpose of processing your claims
- Laboratories – for the purpose of sample identification and reporting of results
- Referral Centres – for the purpose of referring your animals
- Other veterinary practices – should you move practice and/or request that your pet’s records are transferred
- Pet Crematorium – for identification of individual ashes
- Debt recovery firm – for the purpose of recovery of unpaid fees.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or request. This includes exchanging information with law enforcement and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, animal welfare, internal investigations including professional bodies and client complaints.
How we protect your Information
We endeavour to protect your information by;
- Encrypting your personal information if you enter any personal information online.
- Keeping your information up to date and accurate. Please note, that in order for us to do this you need to inform us of any address or name changes.
- Having a strict data security protocol for the storage and disclosure of information.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that personally identifiable information is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, you should, however, be aware that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error free.
Controlling your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data or to restrict the collection or use of your data.
You can modify your communication preferences and/or opt out of specific communications at any time. You can do this by contacting us on 01283 899898 (Etwall Vets) or 01283 704768 (Beech Vets) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you that is held by us. To obtain a copy of this please write to us at the following address. Sarah Smith Cardiology Ltd, T/A Etwall Vets, The Surgery, Egginton Road, Etwall. DE65 6NB.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please call or email us as soon a possible at the above address. We will correct any errors or information found to be incorrect as promptly as we can.
- Easy Direct Debits Limited and Etwall/Beech Vets will hold and use your personal data (as defined by UK data protection laws) for the purpose of administering your preventative healthcare plan.
- Both Etwall/Beech Vets and Easy Direct Debits Ltd may record and monitor inbound and outbound telephone calls for training purposes. These calls may also be referred to in relation to any future queries.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
- You have the right to see your personal data. If you have any queries about the data we hold, or how we use it, please write to either: General Manager, Etwall Vets, The Surgery, Egginton Road, Etwall, Derbyshire, DE65 6NB or Easy Direct Debits, 18 Albert Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1BZ.
Data Collected on This Website
When you contact us using our contact form, you will be voluntarily providing us with your personal information. The information you enter in the contact form is encrypted, as you can see from the padlock icon in the address bar of your browser, and is sent to us by email.
While we have implemented encryption to ensure secure transmission of your personal information, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, you are always welcome to contact us via alternative means, such as by telephone.
Web server logs and security
When you visit this website, information about your device, operating system and browser, and your IP address are automatically saved in log files. This serves a number of purposes, including helping to keep the website secure and helping to diagnose any problems that might arise.
On this website, we use the following cookies:
We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about how our website is used, such as what countries our visitors are browsing from, and what pages are the most popular. The data gathered is anonymous and can not be used to identify individual users.
You may block the collection of the data generated by the cookie and the data related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser plugin available from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
ReCAPTCHA is a service provided by Google that allows us to confirm that only real people and not spambots are able to submit our contact forms. When you tick the box that says “I’m not a robot”, Google place a cookie called NID in your browser, that communicates information such as what language your browser is set to, the date, how many mouse clicks you have made on the screen, and what other Google cookies you may have on your device.
We use Google Fonts API to provide the font faces we use on this website.
When you use our website, some data, including your IP address, will be transferred to and stored on Google’s servers in the USA. This data is used solely for the purpose of providing the service, and is not associated with other data Google may hold on you. The use of Google Maps API and Google Fonts API, as well as the relevant data transfer and processing is governed by Google Inc.’s data protection policy: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
When you click “ok” on our cookie consent popup banner, a cookie called ‘cookiescriptaccept’ is set so that you will not be asked to reconfirm your acceptance for a period of time.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, here is some more information. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.